The COVID-19 pandemic has affected us all and it is important we all stick to government guidelines. This includes while you are aboard Reel Easy Charters.
We still want you to come aboard and experience a great day’s fishing in the Solent, however it is everyone’s responsibility to help tackle the pandemic. Therefore we have made the following changes and provisions to help keep everybody safe. Please read them carefully and get in touch if you have any questions.
- If you or anyone in your household is currently displaying COVID-19 symptoms, you must not come aboard. This is for the safety of the skipper and any other passengers. Please get in touch should you develop COVID-19 symptoms before your trip and we can look to reschedule your visit.
- We will be in touch as soon as possible should the skipper be required to self-isolate or develops COVID-19 symptoms. We will try to rearrange your trip to the next suitable date.
- We will collect the contact details of your party if we do not have them already, in case we are required to contact you as part of the NHS Test and Trace scheme. We will keep store your contact details for 21 days after your trip as per government guidelines.
- A full safety briefing will be given as normal, but will also include advice from the latest government guidelines. Please ensure you listen carefully and follow any directions given.
- All passengers are required to bring face coverings with them as you may be required to wear them. We also recommend you bring you own hand sanitiser and gloves for your own comfort. We will provide hand washing facilities as normal.
- Due to social distancing measures we have had to reduce the maximum numbers of passengers we can have aboard from 8 to 6. We’re sorry for any inconvenience at this time. Please remember to keep to social distancing measures while on board as you move throughout the deck.
- The boat will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised after every trip.
- The cabin will be off limits to passengers except in exceptional circumstances. You should talk to the skipper before making your way inside.
- We are currently unable to offer our normal warm sausage sandwich at this time due to the transmission risk. You should bring your own food and drink provisions for the day. Warm drinks will still be available.
- Where possible, please minimise the amount of equipment you bring aboard, although please try to use your own equipment as much as possible.
The above advice is open to change, as per updated government guidelines. Keep an eye on this page for updates or if you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.